Tuesday, November 13, 2018

It's not Christmas!

As happens every mid-November, there are still people getting in the Christmas spirit. I know a lot of this is stores trying to make money, but so many people are buying into the mentality of Christmas starting early. Don't get the wrong idea, Christmas is amazing, and for so much more than just getting presents. But only the last week of November is okay. If you can't get to your family in time for Christmas, you can celebrate with them. My mom's parents live three states away, and we have "Christmas" with them and my cousin's family when we come for Thanksgiving. But if you can easily reach the people you're celebrating with, then wait. I say if real Advent starts in November, then you can celebrate then, but otherwise, wait until the right month. For me, it's a matter of slowing down to enjoy what's happening right now, which is Thanksgiving. One strategy I use is remembering that Christmas lasts until the sixth. My dad's family usually comes for celebration a few days after Christmas day. But anyway, enjoy what's really happening instead of trying to focus on the far future. And you can buy Christmas items on the twenty-sixth for much lower prices, if you're trying to get all the pre-Christmas discounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment